A CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) SPA Specialist from Nottingham City Council has signposted us to many self help resources for families regarding the pandemic, and we wish to share them with you. The resources include 7 infographics regarding advice for parents during the pandemic from the World Health Organisation (WHO). Also, there is a booklet entitled ‘Advice for Parents, Carers and People that Work with Children and Young People’ (CYP) from the Universities of Oxford and Reading which regards habits, worries, communication during the pandemic and signposts to resources for CYP with specific needs at the end. Please find these resources below.
The specialist advised that if families need further help during the pandemic, feel free to:
- contact the local children’s centre, who can advise of local support available
- contact the Family Information Service on 08004584114, who will be able to advise the programmes that may be available families to self-refer to
- see this NSPCC webpage on children’s mental health- https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/childrens-mental-health/
- watch Nottingham City CAMHS’ podcasts on YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEf1QiK2WJByHpoUOoHB-Yg
- Arrange an appointment with your GP, and the GP can forward a referral to the BEMH SPA