Phab Nottingham is extremely excited to be running their residential weekend on 14 – 16 June 2019. The weekend will be hosted at the Bendrigg Lodge in the Lake District. This is a purpose-built centre for people with disabilities with a range of indoor and outdoor pursuits. The wide variety of activities are designed to increase your child/children’s independence, enhance their social skills and have fun.
The purpose of the residential trip is to provide an opportunity to those members that will most benefit from the increased independence afforded by a weekend away, whilst allowing trained and dedicated volunteers to work with them in developing their confidence and social skills.
There will be limited places available and they expect to only be able to accept a small proportion of those who apply.
The key details for the weekend are as follows, where further details will be provided nearer the time:
Date: 14 – 16 June 2019
Time: Drop-off early afternoon on 14th June and collection mid-afternoon on 16th June
Drop-off/Collection Point: Nottingham University Park Campus
Included in the weekend:
· Transport to and from the venue
· 2 nights’ accommodation
· Full catering (3 meals per day plus snacks)
· 5 activity sessions offering members a range of options. These sessions are yet to be decided but in 2017 they did canoeing, zip lining, archery, a disco evening and pottery work.
Staff and volunteers that will be on-site:
· 2 fully qualified nurses
· 1 dedicated Phab volunteer per child (you will receive a photo and short blurb about your child’s assigned volunteer ahead of the trip)
· Additional Phab members of staff coordinating the trip
· Fully trained activity and catering staff
Voluntary donation: £40
If your child/children would be interested in attending the residential weekend, you will need to complete one of their applications by 3 March 2019 (that it is one application per child). Please be aware that:
· You will need to upload a recent photograph of your child as part of the application form
· You cannot save your application and come back to it at a later stage, so please allow around 45 minutes to complete this application form
· If you would find it easier to complete this form on paper, you can contact PHAB Nottingham and they will arrange for a paper copy to be sent to you.
Places will be limited for the residential weekend, but they will consider each application carefully and aim to get back to you by 21 April 2019. They may need some further information from you so please expect a telephone call following submission of your application from one of the team at Phab Nottingham.